Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How to...Understand GCSE Exam Art Questions



How to...Understand GCSE Exam Art Questions

So, it's scary time and you have been given your exam paper, you have 6 weeks to prepare for it, and a whole 10 hours to do your final piece!


Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No.


All you are going to do is EXACTLY what you have done for the last 3 projects throughout Year 10 & 11. See HOW TO...IMPROVE MY CHANCES IN GCSE ART AND DESIGN for more details.

Take for example, 'Swimming'. As a starting point I could take loads of photos of water; streams, bath tub, sinks filling, etc- put them in my sketch book, manipulate them by drawing on top of these images. I could draw with various media things that hold water, like sinks, or distribute it like taps.

I would perhaps think of David Hockney's 'swimming pool' paintings, and Turner's seascapes for artist references.

Then to experiment and prepare for my final piece I could use various paint, plaster, hot wax, to create different textures.

Of course my final piece could be an actual kitchen sink that I have painted in the style of Hockney!

Hey presto...A*!!!!!!





No comments:

Powered By Blogger